This is a feature and bug-fix update for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion. Its primary focus is to correct several long existing issues with the game, the AI system, compatibility, and related elements.
Core Features of v1.3 (Coming Soon)
- Population caps have been extended up to 250, or optionally 1000.
- All available video resolutions, including widescreen, are selectable.
- Choose between the standard centered interface or the spanning alternative.
- Mirror player civilizations with the new Team Random civ option.
- Select a maximum age for advancement using the "Starting Age" dropdown.
- Each map script generates 4,294,967,296 unique maps from 32,768 in v1.0c.
- Single player mode now operates at 60fps instead of 20fps in v1.0c.
- Check real-time achievement statistics while watching recorded games.
- With the new Relics victory condition, capturing the relics is an instant win.
- The patrol system responds like The Age of Kings with little to no delay.
- New Random button above game settings for new styles of play.
- Flares are now larger and more bold on the mini-map display.
- New higher resolution 1:1 and 1:2 full map captures with "Ctrl+F12".
- Age advancement notifications are now shown in each player's color.
- Restored games can now be recorded in all game modes.
- The vote panel/serial sync bug has been fixed for multiplayer.
- New auto-save if a problem occurs to ensure that resuming is possible.
- Optional multiple building queue to auto-distribute unit training.
- Many bug fixes for the core game and improvements for the AI system.
- The installer will correct any color problems on Windows Vista and later.
- Select a resolution lower than your desktop resolution to enable.
- Your chosen resolution will take effect once gameplay begins.
- Press "F7" to toggle displaying the window on top of other windows.
- Press "F8" to toggle running even when the window is not focused.
- Thanks to menopem for d3dhook, and veg for wndmode.
- Install with admin privileges to automatically setup your firewall.
- Forwarding ports is only necessary to connect outside a LAN.
- Ports will be forwarded dynamically as required when installed.
- UPnP must be enabled on your router for this feature.
M3U Music Playlists
- Set your favorite tracks as background music during gameplay.
- Create a "music.m3u" playlist in the "Sound" folder of the game.
- Please see the Music section of the guide for more information.
- Press "Ctrl+S" once to disable grid placement of non-building objects.
- Enable free placement of all objects by pressing "Ctrl+S" a second time.
- Fill new maps or modify existing maps with any available terrain.
- Create maps using custom rms scripts directly in the scenario editor.
- Trees, mines, and more are now properly replicated by the map copy feature.
- Change the names of units in a specific area, without having to preselect.
- Use negative numbers more freely with trigger conditions and effects.
- Condition inversion checkbox option for all scenario trigger conditions.
- Area selection options for the patrol effect and the fewer-objects condition.
AI & RM Scripts
- New maps can use team positioning for a different experience.
- Start your civilization on maps with new elevation attributes.
- AIs are selectable in multiplayer (direct ip or lan games are most stable).
- Multiplayer games can be started with only AI players for practice.
- AIs can now choose to close openings created in their walls.
- Boar hunting and luring is now fixed and operational for AIs.
- Ungrouped AI players will not ally themselves against humans.
- AIs are now able to lure deer and clear trees on michi maps.
Download UserPatch v1.2 (Build 3199, 20130513-140000)
Download UserPatch v1.3 (Build 3256, 20130524-200000)
The v1.3 update will be available after final testing concludes in the coming weeks.
Please click here to learn more about the features of UserPatch v1.3.
You can find troubleshooting and other information, as well.